I suppose that since most of our hurts come through relationships, so will our healing,
and I know that grace rarely makes sense for those looking in from the outside.

Wednesday, May 02, 2012

The New Normal


For the last several weeks, I've been devouring this book, Bittersweet by Shauna Niequist.  I love her real-life writing style, her painful honesty, and the truth that life can be both horribly bitter and amazingly sweet all at the same time.  Throughout the whole book I kept wanting to underline and hi-light and circle stuff, and every time I was disappointed that I couldn't because it belongs to the library.

This is a quote that I wrote down while I was reading though, (ok, I actually typed it into my iPhone) and it's been rolling through my head all day.  It does a good job of summing up how I feel as of late.

I was afraid . . . that it would always be like that.  I was afraid that this was the new normal, that seasons of lightness and peace were over in my life, and this brittle, fractured way of living would last forever.


No comments: