I suppose that since most of our hurts come through relationships, so will our healing,
and I know that grace rarely makes sense for those looking in from the outside.

Wednesday, February 04, 2009

One of Those Days

I'm having one of those days where I feel like I suck at life. I hate feeling like I'm always being behind, I hate having to squeeze my quiet time in at the end of the day, I hate feeling like I'm not doing as well as I could, I hate having a messy room, I hate all the unfilled check boxes in my planner, I hate having to cram information into my brain for tests rather than learning and soaking stuff up because it fascinates me.

I want to sit down and write about all the cool stuff I'm learning about how Christians should interact with culture. I want to write it all out for ME, not for a prof. I want to see all my thoughts about my frustration with the "Corban bubble" and my intolerance for Christian music and my love for great literature down on paper.

I want to sit down and read the classics just because I want to. I want to savor the words and learn from the experiences and wisdom of others. I want to read just because I love to read, not because it's assigned.

I want to sit down and just spend time in God's presence, reading His Word and journaling and listening and worshiping. I need Him, oh I need Him.

Mood: Frustrated
Music: People talking in the hall.

2 comments:

Dani said...

AYYY-MEN! If you ever figure that out, let me know, PLEASE!

Alise said...

Totally. Oh man, maybe it's something about this time of year or something? Who knows, it just stinks. Kudos.