I suppose that since most of our hurts come through relationships, so will our healing,
and I know that grace rarely makes sense for those looking in from the outside.

Saturday, December 23, 2006

Anticipation!

There are so many things to look forward to right now, the three main ones being Christmas, snowboarding, and my baptism!

So yes, first off is Christmas. I can barely believe that Christmas Eve is TOMORROW! I'm purty excited, and I finally finished my wrapping tonight. I finished putting Alise's present together, nearly burned the house down, and got my parent's presents wrapped. Yeah! Mom is making manicotti for our "Christmas Eve Dinner" tomorrow night... which is going to be way too quiet, formal, and boring, seeing as it's just going to be my parents and me. After dinner, we'll open presents, one at a time, neatly throw away the wrapping paper, and politely thank each other, WAY TOO QUIETLY! I much prefer having all thirteen members of my family here, screaming and yelling like wild banshees, ripping into presents, and having paper flying through the air. But Dick and Christina will be at Dick's parent's house tomorrow night, and Joe and Carol are in Cali. We'll all be together on the 30th though, and I'm pretty stoked about that.

And speaking of my large family, Joe and Carol announced on Wednesday night that they're expecting again in July!! Yes, that means that I'll be aunt Carrie to SEVEN nieces and nephews! Sheesh, I just got used to saying that I had SIX! But of course I'm very excited, and I really really hope that they have a boy. Having a little Ben running around would be too cool.

The day after Christmas, Tuesday, I'm heading off for a glorious three days of snow odyssey! YAHOO! I'm just a little excited about getting to use my board again! :) Please pray for the trip though, I'm excited about the kids we have going, and I hope that they'll really be impacted this week.

And finally, in another 8 days, I'm getting baptized! I think my parents are even coming, which is a huge shocker! But that also makes me a little nervous, even though I'm not sure why. It'll be fine, I'm sure. I'm almost counting the hours now, I'm so excited!!

Mood: Happy
Music: "Sweet Home Alabama" Lynyrd Skynard

4 comments:

Alise said...

i totally know how you feel. i'm so excited for CHRISTmas...although, i'm still not quite sure that its all for real...it came too fast!
Snow Odessey. yeah, we need to make a point to NOT hang out in our "group" the whole time! i mean, obviously theres not really anything wrong with it but what i mean is that we HAVE to make sure that we welcome and reach out to other people that don't really get the whole "God thing".
i know you knew this already, but i was really thinking about that the other night. so yeah...
by the way I loved your present!
especially the sentimental gift! thank you so much! i realized that i didn't really say that i liked it or say thank you. so i LOVED it and THANK YOU! you're the best!
p.s. don't judge my long comment...or my like for the word "bibliography"...thats all...for now
:)

Heather said...

This is kind of to both of you gals. Hopefully you don't mind, Carrie.

Alise, that was one long comment.

Carrie, thanks for blessing me again, by your blog. Do you realize you do that? Yeah, well, your blogs are blessings. Alise's blogs are blessings. Dani's blogs are blessings. It's crazy, I can learn from them. All of 'em.

I hope you guys have an AMAZING time at Snow Odessey. Basically, I'm jealous.

Merry Christmas guys. Thanks for being a part of my life. Thanks for being the amazing gals that you are. Thanks for challenging me, and for being women of God. You're incredible!

Love you guys!
TALK TO YOU SOON.
~ Heath

Dani said...

1 - thanks for your encouraging comment. Keep the prayers coming! I SO appreciate them. :-)

2 - I hope your "quiet" and "formal" Christmas Eve (and day?) was funner than you thought it might be :-)

3 - I bet your time snowboarding will be a) great exercise, b) make you very sore, and c) be an absolute blast! oh, and d) I hope it will also be influential with the people you're going with.

4 - What the heck is a banshee?

5 - I'm SO coming to your baptism... may I? :-) I'll bring you a CD. Your name is in it! go to www.myspace.com/dlouisemusic to hear 4 tracks.... And read the thank yous, since I'm going to go post it on the blog.

OK, that's all! Have a great week! See you Sunday! :-)

Heather said...

Okay, random thought. You're title to this thing is "Anticipation" and I was just thinking that it REALLY reminds me of Ketchup comercials. You know "ANTICI-PAAAAATION!" Yeah.

Anyhow.

That's all.