I suppose that since most of our hurts come through relationships, so will our healing,
and I know that grace rarely makes sense for those looking in from the outside.

Friday, July 28, 2006

And Then I Said...

It's nice to be home again! At this blessed moment I am enjoying my fuzzy sweats and favorite tank top while sitting on my couch. Yes, it's been wonderful being gone this summer, but right now I'm really glad to have my own bed and my own shower for two or three days. (-:

Youth camp was amazing. I think that I'm too tired to do a complete and coherent summary of it right now, but I'll hit a few of the main points.
- Fifteen kids got saved!!
- "Goin' to the Chapel" ... need I say more? (-:
- YWAM

God is so amazing. I've always struggled with knowing for sure if God is telling me to do something or not... like I always wonder if maybe it was just my weird, random brain making things up or if it's really God speaking to me. And then if things start going wrong while I'm trying to do what I think God has told me to do, then is that Satan trying to thwart God's plan or is that God trying to close doors because I made it all up in my head in the first place? But all of that to say that I am so positive that God is sending me to children's camp for a reason, that I am almost giddy with excitement. I wasn't even planning on going to kids camp until two weeks ago, and I struggled with saying for sure I was going or not because my parents were a little bit upset about it. But since I decided that I really thought that God wanted me to go, and told DeWayne, that yes, I was going for sure, God has just confirmed that decision in so many ways!! I know that God wants me to be at Clearlake next week. I'm so pumped!!

But right now I think that I'm going to crash right here from sheer exhastion, so I think I'll bid you adieu before my head hits the keyboard and deletes all of this. But I have to say one more thing before I go to bed... you guys (my friends) are some of the most awesome people on the face of this earth, and I am so blessed to have each and every one of you in my life. Thanks guys for being so incredible!!!!

Mood: Exhausted
Music: "Anticonformity" Krystal Meyers

DISCLAIMER: Yes, Alise, I know that my title is your phrase, but I really needed a title, and it was funny... please don't pummel me!! (-:

5 comments:

Alise said...

well...ok i was reading this and i had the tv music station on and anticonformity was playing!!!!!!!
so therefore, i won't pummel you this time...

Carrie said...

*Whew* Thank goodness for TVU....

Alise said...

actually it was sirious(however you spell that)

Carrie said...

Well whatever it was, it saved my hide! (-:

Heather said...

GUYS I MISS YOU!!!!!! I feel like it has been like FOREVER! You dont understand how much you ean to me. So I was thinking.... as soon as I get home, the week of the 15th - 19th or something like that, we should chill? What do you say? Carrie can you drive part way my way!! :) 35 more days and I wont have to ask that!!

Okay, so, about this blog and the last 4 or however many I just read! I loved them. You teach me something everytime I read your blogs Carrie. I love them. I wrote on the shenanigans by the way! Seriuosly though! You teach me! I'm very appreciative of that!

Okay, well, I had better go. We are going to go walk the town... Sorrento! Yay and its like 9 at night here! Okay, love you and keep on writing. Oh, and have fun at Camp with my mother!!! She's stoked! Bye!!!